Discerning if Wellspring is for You
(What is God’s will?)
Application to Wellspring is considered a time of discernment and personal reflection; a discerning question you may wish to ask is: “God, is Wellspring your will for me at this time?” Before filling out the application, and making a decision to be part of Wellspring, we suggest that you consider the following questions for personal reflection. The questions are intended to assist you in discerning the moving of Christ’s Spirit in you.
- Do I desire to give significant priority to personal spiritual growth and to be involved with the spiritual formation of others?
- Do I desire an experiential, academic and spiritually oriented, exploratory two-year program, with an inclusive mix of clergy and lay persons of the New York Annual Conference?
- Am I open to a variety of Christian spiritual traditions?
- Do I have a willingness to engage in a program of study that involves considerable personal discipline, reflection, and reading?
- Do I desire to explore God’s continuing call to Christian discipleship?
When applying to Wellspring, you will be asked to submit a two to four page statement describing your inner journey, including answers to the following questions:
- What attracts you to this program?
- How do you see Wellspring as a significant step in your faith journey? (Include comments on the nature of your spiritual journey, how God has used experiences in your life to deepen your faith, and your own spiritual disciplines.)